What’s so great about CCTV? Other than the fact that deters criminals, keeps your property, valuables and family members safe, CCTV actually provides a service to your whole neighbourhood.
It has become a valuable asset in criminal investigations and helps crimes get solved a lot easier as it picks up any criminal activity taking place around the house.
You will also be surprised watching things back how often unwanted visitors creep around your property, vehicles and valuables.
Having CCTV cameras installed in the correct places will ensure that you property is valued higher than neighbouring homes that have no security. Read: Add value with a secure home.
Everything homeowners need to know about CCTV:
- What is the best home CCTV system? There’s no doubt that the best CCTV security systems you can buy are provided by innovative tech and CCTV installation companies. Shopping security systems from big retailers like Argos, Amazon and Currys will be unable to guarantee that your device will not be hacked or used inappropriately. For example, if you are in Kent, London or Surrey one of the best CCTV installers and providers are ACCL that have CCTV technology that can detect even the slightest of movements in the dark. This makes them perfect for expensive and high-valued homes as well as businesses.
- Is it legal to have CCTV on your house? It is perfectly legal as long as due and careful care is taken. There are data protection laws to be aware of, but this will all be taken into consideration by a legitimate CCTV company. Read more guidance for domestic situations.
- Is it worth having CCTV at home? This question you have to ask yourself. Is CCTV worth having to keep your home protected, family members safe (even when you’re not around) and treasured valuables untouched? For us, the answer is simple – and it seems like many homeowners around the UK (4-6 million) are beginning to have CCTV security systems installed.
Should I care about the camera quality?
The better the quality of image, the better you will be at identifying a culprit on CCTV. CCTV systems readily available through retail giants like Amazon tend to not always have the best picture display, but this is something you should definitely take into consideration through your search.
“The most common resolution for home security camera in the market includes 2MP (1080p), 4MP (1440p), 5MP (1920p) and 8MP (4K/2160p)” – read more.
Read more articles on CCTV:
- The best home security cameras to keep your home safe both inside and out
- AI CCTV cameras coming to British streets — will they help? | Metro News
- Home CCTV - Which?